Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Key West - Sunrise and the Bloody Pirate

 

The march of clouds over the Gulf Stream in the early morning hours

We got up early to be the first ones at Advance Medical Care so I didn’t have two wait in line for service. I had the stitches removed form my chin and I continue on the mend. Once again we used Uber and I have nothing but good vibes for their service. The wait was less than 5 minutes and you don’t handle a credit card or cash, it’s all part of the Uber app you use to call the car. I can see why it’s so popular. 

The Bloody Pirate out for an adventure from Key Largo with a cargo of 20 kids
Such an adventure. 

On the way to the Uber car, we had a great view of clouds marching along over the Gulf Stream highlighted by the rising run. I really like this type of dull weather - every day the high is 80 and the low is 70, what’s not to like?

The moon has move up right next to Jupiter - a stunning sight in Key West. Venus is the lower planet

Later that afternoon we had the schooner “Bloody Pirate” dock right behind us. They had a crew of 20 kids on board out for an adventure in sailing from Key Largo. They will spend a couple of days in Key West before heading back home.It must be quite the adventure for teenagers. 

Meanwhile, the southern sky continues to be spectacular with a close conjunction between Jupiter and the Moon with Venus right beneath. Astronomy was my hobby in my early years so I’m always fascinated with the sky. 


0 comments: