Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Charleston Maritime Center - last day and we explore Charleston, Chico’s, and Hyman’s

 

The indoor shopping center with Chico’s is upscale, very nice

We love Charleston. It’s great to just walk around and explore the shops. We started with a walkthrough of the Charleston City Market. There are dozens of vendors selling many items you can only find in Charleston. Next on the list was a shopping spree in Chico’s by Ann. I have it on good authority that it’s the best Chico’s store anywhere on the east coast. 

I’ve never seen anything like this elsewhere - an outside door that leads to a porch as the primary entrance. 

With Ann dropped of in heaven, I headed for my version at the Apple store. I hadn’t intended buying anything but then I saw the Apple Tags for sell. There are the size of a quarter and they will interface with your iPhone or tablet to give you its location in whatever it’s in. I marked mine “luggage” but it could be anything - a car, laptop, a person, etc. It appears in your iPhone or iPad on a map showing its location. I’ll give it a try.

The final stop, as always, was Hyman’s Seafood. They serve the best hush puppies I’ve ever had. The serving are huge so we just ordered an appetizer apiece of shrimp and grits. They serve boiled peanuts with the meal as well as hush puppies. All together, it was a great way to celebrate eating out again in Charleston. I know many would turn their nose up at eating at Hyman’s (it’s for tourists) but we enjoy it. 

We will continue our journey northward Thursday morning around 8:30 am which will give us about a 2 ft tide going through Isle of Palms. It should be enough. Our destination is the Awendaw anchorage before moving on the Georgetown the next day. 

0 comments: