Friday, October 22, 2021

Charleston Maritime Center - Last day

 

"Will he make it?"

Today was a day of relaxation although I did work on the horn and finally got it to sound off. The switch in the binnacle had disintegrated which I discovered after cutting the line to the horn on top of the bimini. I made unnecessary work for myself since the problem was the push switch in the binnacle and not the connection to the horn. I had a spare switch which I wired in, sounds simple but nothing is simple on a boat. It took two hours for the "simple" repair. 

There are certainly container ships unloading in Charleston - and cars too!

We would normally eat out in Charleston but we're still careful with COVID exposure so we stayed on the boat. The rate per 100,000 is now about 1/2 the level in New York. The numbers are way down in Florida. I guess that's one way to get immunity - everybody gets it and the virus has no one else to infect. 

We will strike out Saturday for the Steamboat anchorage, one of our favorites and then it's on to Beaufort, SC. 

0 comments: