Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Titusville - News from Staples

 

These birds always seem half submerged. They have little in the way of water repellency but which is a positive in allowing them to dive for fish. You’ll often see them on a branch with wings spread out, drying them between dives.

After my unhappy experience with Staples that I detailed in yesterday’s blog, I made a number of posts in various review sites concerning my experience (Yelp, Google, the Staples corporate site, etc.) Shortly thereafter, I received a call with the offer to pay for my damaged copy in the total of $60. I was rather surprised at such a rapid response. I dropped by this afternoon to pick up the settlement, $60 in cash. 

Titusville does a good job of taking care of their many parks. This one is next door.

At the same time, I received a nice letter from Mandy Alexander, Office of the President of Staples apologizing for the damage to my copy with the resolution of the payment. I guess the moral of the story is to raise the issue to a high enough level that it gets the proper attention. It was an unemotional email from me, just the facts of the incident - and Staples responded the same day. 

No sky color but some interesting shadows on the water

Meanwhile, you may remember that I could not find a car rental one-way at a price less than $1300 so I drove my car down and hired a driver to bring it back to Deltaville. I got a call from him today with the news that he has Covid! With that, we will just leave the car in Titusville and when he’s recovered, he’ll fly down and return the car north. By the way, he was miserable with fever, soaking wet, aches, etc. This was after a major bout of flu in Deltaville, a lot of sickness going around. 

So far, we’re still healthy and will be leaving Titusville on Monday with a stay over at Loggerhead on Monday night. Then it’s on to our favorite anchorage in Hobe Sound to stage for the trip to the Lantana anchorage. The problem with that plan is the Donald Ross bridge - it’s broken in the down position and has been since last week. There’s no projected fix date so far. Hopefully, they will get it fixed in a week, otherwise, it’s an outside trip which would depend on good weather. Never a dull moment. 

0 comments: