Thursday, January 5, 2023

Titusville - Back in warm weather!!

 

Storm clouds were still around but no further reports of tornadoes! 

It was nice to visit up north and see everybody but it was getting cold! We had a great time but we had to head south for warmer weather. We started out at 8:00 am, an early start for us, stopping at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a bun. It was then I realized, I was missing my iPad 11 - where was it? I was convinced it was back at the house we had just left and we backtracked and looked all over but could not find it. I then realized I could use the FindMe app on the iPhone which shows a local map with the iPad highlighted as a blue dot. That provided more mystery since it showed the iPad to be at the car! Taking everything out of the car, I could not find it. I made multiple trips inside the house even though FindMe said it was at the car. 

Finally, I had an “ah ha” moment when I remembered boosting Hoolie into the car while placing my iPad on top of the car, oh no! Sure enough, going outside again and over to the passenger side by the rear door, there was my iPad on top of the car, near the edge. Luckily, the iPad is magnetic on the backside and it was affixed to the metal roof. It survived the ride to and from Dunkin Donuts without falling off. So instead of getting an early start we lost over an hour in the search. Oh well… 

The left over clouds from the many storms provided some good color for the sunset

Although it was relatively warm for December up north, there was a lot of rain and on the trip south, it was a downpour almost all the way. Yesterday, we went through three tornado watches that were announced over ApplePlay which we were using for car navigation. (my iPad was safely inside!)

At any rate, we are now settled in and Fleetwing is in good shape. We’ll spend the next few days getting Fleetwing ready for the trip to Key West and enjoying the warm weather. We even ran the air conditioner some this afternoon!  Hopefully, I'll keep track of everything on our next move. 

3 comments:

Changes in L'Attitudes said...

Welcome back to the Space Coast. Wild story about the iPad!!!

Anonymous said...

Bob, several years ago there was a guy in Poughkeepsie who owned a bar across from Marist. One night he closed the bar and took the day’s receipts in a bank deposit bag to his car. He set the bag on top of his car while he unlocked it and then forgot about the bag with several thousand dollars in it. He never saw the money again. You’re lucky!

Anonymous said...

From Bill S.