Saturday, October 1, 2022

Deltaville - Presentation Day

Everything is cooked to order - great place!

The motel we’re staying at gives it vouchers for breakfast at a nearby sandwich shop, Cafe by the Bay. It’s a local favorite and the sandwiches they make are superb, cooked fresh while you wait - good coffee too. I think we’re gaining some weight… 

They really know how to do their sandwiches!

Meanwhile, we loaded groceries onto Fleetwing to lighten the load on the car. I went over to Regatta Point YC for my 3:00 presentation on how to use Bob423 tracks. I had about a dozen attendees and we worked our way through the routine of loading the tracks.




The evening session was with Ed Tillett giving an overview of trends in navigation at 6:00 and I presented on the status of shoaling in the ICW and how to avoid going aground. We had about 30 attending that session. 

Ed Tillett preceded me in the evening session

I had tried to make it a live session over Facebook but was not able to get the orientation correct in the broadcast, I'm doing something wrong. I'll try again at Homer Smith. As for launching Fleetwing, after one day of calm winds, it's due to pipe up again with 30 kts out of the north and gusts to 40 kts for the next three days! We are captive of the weather for awhile.

0 comments: