Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Deltaville - One more day

 

The yard here is incredibly crowded - where do all the boats come from??

Somehow, the weather has not improved. Still raining, still high winds, and so on. We haven’t seen the sun in a week. According to the forecast, we have one more day of high winds. With that, we’re still due to launch Thursday morning where we’ll move over to Regatta Point YC for final prep before leaving Friday morning. 

Trees not seen up north, very pretty

It may be my selective memory, but I don’t recall such a long stint of putrid weather in previous years heading south. If we had not stored Fleetwing in Virginia for the summer, we’d still be in New York hoping for a weather window. It’s hard to head south with a 30 kt wind on the bow - and generally cold weather. 

I know I’m not alone, I have lots of company from boats all up and down the east coast waiting for the same good weather window to head to warmer temps. The lookout is still for calm winds so at least that is good news once the remnants from Ian gets through with us. In anticipation of a bunch of boats going south, I already made reservations down to Homer Smith where I’m giving a Going South presentation on Oct 13. We have about 50 signed up for the event so far. 

0 comments: