Thursday, October 6, 2022

Deltaville - Launched at last

 We got to the yard at 7:00 am, we didn’t want to be the reason for any delays! The crew arrived shortly thereafter. I wanted to paint the spots where the boat stands were against the hull so when the boat was lifted, I moved in the painted the boat stand marks. They used sections of foam insulation strips like you see in houses between the travel lift straps and the boat’s hull. I thought it was an excellent idea in how to prevent marring from the lifting straps. I had not seen that before. 

The next stop was to fill up on fuel, $5.50/gal, not cheap. Then it was over to Regatta Point YC for a day of prep which included putting up the enclosure (4 hours), taking on water, and finish loading Fleetwing. It was a very tiring day but it’s all done now. The weather was great for all this with calm winds and temps in the 70s with full sun. 

On Friday we’re headed to Norfolk at Tidewater Yacht Marina. We’ve never been there before so it will be a first time review for me. After that, of course, it’s Coinjock.  Along the way I’ll be testing my new iPhone Pro 14 with T-Mobile. Inside the cabin here at Regatta Point YC at 8:00 pm I just recorded 4.6 Mbps. We’ll see how it goes down the line, especially around Alligator River. Outside the cabin this afternoon, I recorded 30 Mbps 

Apparently, there’s some problem with Google uploading photos tonight. I’ll add them later. 

0 comments: