Monday, March 7, 2022

Key West - The spring breakers arrive!

 

The pool was packed

Spring break arrived in several waves. I saw a few last week but the first week of real volume started this week. The pool was packed and they usually have a DJ for music although I didn’t hear one today. When they have one, they seem to favor rap, at the bottom of our list of favorite music gendres. 

The party boats going out for the sunset were packed too

Looking at the party boats that go out for the sunset, they were similarly packed with college kids. Nobody is wearing masks but then we’re at the bottom on the pandemic level, below New York State. Given the open air restaurants and entertainment, there’s a lot of ventilation - especially with the 15 kts winds we’ve had recently. 

Today was oil change day on the Volvo diesel. I took longer than expected but it’s all done now and ready for the trip north. I also ordered another Spade 140 anchor, 66 lbs, to replace the one I lost at Caesars Creek. It’s supposed to arrive by week’s end but given the shipping situation, it may be delayed. We hoping for the best. 

On Tuesday, I’ll tackle the genset. It refused to start the last time I tried but I think it’s the connection to the starter battery. I’ll give that a try tomorrow and while I’m at it, change the oil and oil filter too. Such is life on a boat, constant maintenance.

0 comments: