Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Key West - The Signs of Key West - D-4

Looks like there’s still room for a few more?

 The last of the early spring breakers arrived today and flooded the pool. There’s no charge to use the pool, they make their money off the beer. They have music too, mostly rap along with one very large cop to keep order - although I didn’t see anything amiss while I took the photo you see. 

We’re all in favor of that happening up north, but not here!

Key West allows a lot of stuff but they do have a few signs that need to be followed. They are all in favor of snow and show it at the local library with their “Let It Snow” signs. 

A common sign in Key West and in many coastal towns

BO Fishwagon gets in the act with a common sign around Key West, “No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem” that you’ll see at many resort areas. 

My favorite sign in Key West - I’ve seen it nowhere else

However, there’s one sign that I’ve seen nowhere else, “DO NOT use chickens for hats!” I guess that’s going too far, even for Key West and that’s saying a lot. 

I got the Volvo diesel oil change done yesterday and today I finished doing the same on the genset. Now I have to change the oil on the outboard and put the new hoisting harness on it too. One thing at a time, gradually getting ready for our return trip north. Yesterday, I placed an order for another Spade 140 anchor (66 lbs) that’s due to arrive by the end of the week. Ann and Sarah will do the 5/8 nylong to chain attachment with a back splice and then we’ll be ready to try our hand at anchoring again, hopefully with better results the next time.

0 comments: