Sunday, March 6, 2022

Key West - Lunch with Ed and Karen Munson at Schooner Wharf

 

Ed and Karen Munson hosted us today at Schooner Wharf

We had visitors today at our dock, Ed and Karen Munson and they invited us out to lunch at Schooner Wharf. We had a chance to chat and share stories of our ICW adventures. They are headed back north on 2/15 so they are leaving before we do on 2/28. 

The blossoms of Key West keep coming out - a great time to walk in the afternoon!

Schooner Wharf was rather loud but that was fine, it’s Key West. Since it was lunch, we just ordered appetizers and split the order between Ann and me, it was plenty. It’s always interesting to meet those using my tracks, we love doing it. 

There was supposed to be a cruise boat in today but it never showed up so we went downtown to shop. Ann looked through the shell store and I shopped for a hat with a Key West logo but it had to be one with a velcro closure so the size could be adjusted to an exact fit that wouldn’t slip. Such a cap was hard to fine. There were lots of leather straps with a buckle but from experience, that combination invariably slips with wear, requiring constant adjustments. I didn’t want that. I eventually found what I wanted and now I have my Key West cap! 

0 comments: