Friday, March 4, 2022

Key West - aftermath of last night’s meal and Wyland

You can see what he uses to reach all areas of the panorama 

I was astonished when I weighed myself this morning to discover that I had gained 5 lbs. The roast beef sandwich had been marinaded before hand (lots of salt) and served with a soft cheese dip (more salt) and a side dish of meat juices (more salt) along with French fries (even more salt). My body reacted by wanting  water, three 16 oz glasses of water before bedtime. In the morning I weighed myself - 5 lbs gained overnight. 

Wyland adds a personal touch on one of he creatures in his painting

We normally have a low salt diet but what I had that night was the exact opposite. My usual 110 to 120 blood pressure came in at 160! I guess that’s a pretty good confirmation that high salt intake causes weight gain and high blood pressure. We’ll get back to our usual diet now and everything should recover, I hope. 

Wyland is a local artist in Key West but he does panoramas all over the world of underwater seascapes. He has one in Key West by the dock we’re at and he was renewing the painting today. It’s quite a set up to reach both stories of a large building for painting (see photo for how he does that). 

On Saturday, we’re off to tour the art exhibits by Schooner Wharf and then to listen to Barry Cuda play his piano from 2:30 to 5:00. It’s also due to be very windy but we’re secure in our slip so it should not affect us.  

0 comments: