Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Marathon - Cleaning up and buying a new A/C

 

It’s one of the great features of the marina - a place to gather with a breeze

I had delayed cleaning up the mess made when the engine overheated and the coolant boiled over until  today. So with gloves and rags, I went at it and Fleetwing once again has a clean engine bilge.The marina here accepts used antifreeze (that I mopped up) and I’ll take that in tomorrow. 

Extraordinary number of boats packed in here - this is just the view to the east. See the moon?

I needed to replace my A/C unit so I found a later model of the same one I had at Defender Marine. I had looked at the details and price yesterday and saw the 15% off - great price I thought but at that time I had not arranged for anyone to install it. At 64 lbs, it’s a bit heavy for me. 

They still have docks if you don’t favor a mooring

I called Boater’s Edge in Titusville which is in the same harbor as Titusville Marina and they agreed to install the unit if I had it delivered to their shop. Having secured an installer, I called Defender back today and wondered where the 15% discount was that was posted yesterday went? In talking to the clerk, she said the sale ended yesterday. So my delay in buying the A/C (or not noticing the sale was ending yesterday) cost me about $400! It goes back to my motto, “I make all the mistakes first so you don’t have to.” If you see a high priced piece of equipment on sale that you want, be sure to look to see how long it will be on sale! I could have bought the A/C unit yesterday and saved the $400 and figured out where I would get it installed later - live and learn (I just wished it wasn’t such a costly lesson).

0 comments: