Sunday, November 14, 2021

Titusville - Sunsets

 

Titusville is home to TowBoatUS for the area

I spent most of the day hunting down at slow leak. It was a saltwater leak because I tasted the water in the bilge and it was definitely salty. In the past, I've had freshwater leaks from loose connections to the house water system but this was saltwater so it had to come from a seacock or a connection nearby. 

Not too scenic but necessary, a pump out boat to service the marina on Wednesdays and Saturdays

We're leaving for New York on Thursday so I need the leak fixed before we leave. The sump pump on Fleetwing could keep up with the leak but only if it continued at the rate it's at now. If it were to suddenly increase a lot, then the pump could be overpowered and Fleetwing would sink. I don't want to spend the time in New York worrying about my boat in Titusville. 

Nothing like a nice sunset to brighten up the end of a day

I called a local diver and he's coming over on Tuesday to apply a patch on the outside of the hull covering the seacock since the leak appears to be coming from the seacock to boat bond. The seacock is almost 20 years old. 

After that excitement, things settled down and we had a relaxed afternoon which included a colorful sunset. 

0 comments: