Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Titusville - One more day until we leave to go north (in a car...)

An appropriate photo for going north - what awaits us headed into the Arctic?
Hopefully not an alligator. 

 People who are not boaters sometimes ask us if we're taking Fleetwing north when we say we're going home for the holidays. We explain that it's a rather long way and we just rent a car and drive north but we do return in January to continue our journey to Key West. We are reaching that time now when it's time for "northing". We will pick up our car on Wednesday and pack it that day for an early start Thursday morning. 

One last sunset

For the first time in a long time, I actually removed some stuff off Fleetwing. The things you accumulate over the years are astounding. When going through each time, you think, "well, I might possibly, maybe, just in case, might need this item at some unforeseeable future date". One must resist the temptation. It is very hard since it's so easy to toss it into the depths of the locker (never to be seen again). However, today I was successful in actually getting rid of some stuff (an aside, this will guarantee that what I tossed will be vitally needed at some point in the future, probably in a remote location not near anything - I guess I'll just have to go aground, "for the want of a nail, a shoe was lost, etc."

So I took the step into the abyss and departed with items I thought I no longer needed and with no reasonable thought of needing in the future. We'll see how that goes... (it hasn't gone well in the past)

Wednesday is packing day and we'll see what we can forget to take this time. I have a list but that only works if you actually look at it. I'll try. 

0 comments: