Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Titusville - Launch tonight!

 

Some say it's never too early...

Titusville installed a new WiFi system over the summer. I recommended OnSpotWiFi but the town thought they could do the same service for less money if they did it themselves. It took about 6 months to get the system working and when I pulled in last week, I had high hopes of poor internet was a thing of the past at Titusville. Alas, that was not to be the case.

On Tuesday, I took a walk along all the docks while measuring WiFi access and speeds. It was a mess. Only one of the five docks had decent WiFi, the other four docks (me included) was a crapshoot. Sometimes you had a connection, sometimes not. When you did connect, the speeds were all over the place, mostly very low. 

After gathering the data, I wrote a letter to the city council detailing my findings. They were supposed to have someone come out and examine the system for problems so I thought I would give them something to think about before they walked the docks themselves.

We are waiting for a manned launch to the space station tonight. It's due off at 9:00 pm so we'll go out to the end of the dock to watch. It's overcast so we may not see much but we'll at least see the early part of the ascent. 

I'm due to pick up our gold plated rental Thursday morning and Enterprise is not offering to pick you up anymore - citing COVID risks. With that, it's a 2.4 mile hike out to the rental agency. I'll get my exercise in early on Thursday!

1 comments:

get good staff said...

There has certainly been some major developments in how the world interacts. I see the differnet readers have a wide variety of views. Thanks for sharing