Thursday, October 12, 2023

Jekyll Island - Rain and wind all night and morning

Another look at Driftwood Beach, huge trees scattered across the beach. 

It’s good to be tied up at a dock with electricity when the wind is howling 25 to 30 kts with a driving rain! There have been times when were hit with stormy weather when at anchor. Hoolie and I would jump in the dinghy (Hoolie never minded, I had on full rain gear) and motor into shore, usually a sandy beach, sometimes mud. I’m not quite as adventurous now as in the past, I prefer a dock in bad weather. 

We have more of the same Friday and some on Saturday before we leave for Jacksonville on Sunday morning for the Sister’s Creek free dock. Meanwhile, I’l still trying to get the SeaTalk1 network to fire up but so far to no avail. Tomorrow I’ll check the autopilot where the power for the SeaTalk1 buss is supposed to come from. Maybe it’s a loose connection?

A 20 year old cat finds a sunbeam (yesterday)

The marina cat that was featured in a previous post is 20 years old. He’s doesn’t move much anymore but he’s aging like the rest of us. He’s provided for, hopefully us too in the future. 

0 comments: