Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Titusville - lines, lines and more lines

 

As secure as we can make it 

All the news is of the hurricane approaching, Nicole. The forecasted track has been wobbling, sometimes more northerly towards us and sometimes farther away. We await every update with eager anticipation. I have double and triple lines out and I think I now have Fleetwing centered in the slip so I don’t touch any of the pilings. A hurricane force wind may upset those plans but all you can do is the best you can. 

A long walk for Hoolie, sometimes he doesn’t make it all the way

We will be on Fleetwing tonight but we plan to be on land when Nicole makes landfall. I’ve left the instruments on so I will be able to recover what the maximum winds were at Fleetwing, not that it makes much difference, we are committed to our location. 

There will still be some people still on their boats during the hurricane’s passage, the long timers. Many of them rode out Ian and intend to ride out Nicole too. We plan on returning to Fleetwing Thursday if the winds have abated enough and then will have a haulout to address a nagging leak in the aft section. 

It’s a wild night out there now but nothing like it’s going to be when Nicole rubbles through on Wednesday night. We’re hoping for the best.

1 comments:

Domenic Spano said...

Best of Luck Bob! I'm praying for the best outcome..
.