Thursday, February 3, 2022

Key Largo - at Marina Del Mar at a slip

 

One pelican caught a fish - all the other pelicans wanted the same fish!
This went on for almost 1/2 hour!

After a day in the slip, I woke up this morning and noticed water in the bilge. With the repair of the collision damage, I was expecting any water. I did notice some last night but didn’t give it any concern until I saw more this morning. I pumped it dry and then called the marina yard for help. Perhaps I had a leak they didn’t find and I had to go back into the slings for further repairs. 

We’ll, at least we’re still getting pretty sunsets to end the day

All that was very discouraging! The person who did the fiberglass repair came to our boat to look it over fore possible leak sources. The first thing he did was to dry the boat of any water in the aft section with a vacuum hose, the theory being that once dry you could then see if there was any new water intrusion.

So we’re at a slip awaiting the results of a Friday morning inspection for water intrusion. If the water I saw was just left over from the original collision (in many nooks and crannies), then I shouldn’t see more water Friday morning. If more water appears, then we have a leak that needs to be looked at. 

We truly do not want to stay here longer but then we can’t set out in a boat taking on water either. Friday morning will be a big decision day for us. Wish us luck.

4 comments:

Ron said...

I wish you a dry bilge and a sunny day.

Unknown said...

Good luck, let us know.

Larry & Sue said...

Hope you are dry and underway soon.

Unknown said...

Bob and Ann,
Best of luck with the “water”. Be safe be well.