Monday, March 1, 2021

Titusville - Goober Pea and needed transportation

 

Goober peas!

What over marina has two flavors of goober peas? There a famous song about them dating back to the civil war. So what are they? It's boiled peanuts, hopefully not overly cooked to mush, still firm. I would guess one has to develop a taste for them but I'll have a cup every now and then when I can find good ones - such as here. I like the plain, nothing fancy with flavoring. If you've never had them, give them a try.

We see this vehicle parked nearby every day - local dockhand?

If you're up for some backcountry exploring, there's nothing like the vehicle pictured. It looks like it could go anywhere. We have a four-wheel drive small SUV, a Nisson Rogue,  but it can't compete with this number. If you do take some of the off roads on Merritt Island, all you see are trucks, except for us. 

We were due to have a SpaceX launch tonight but it's been delayed once again, this time due to weather at the booster recovery site. Now it's scheduled for Tuesday, another 60 Starlink satellites. 

3 comments:

Marty said...

Thank you Bob for sharing your experience

MikeS said...

It took me awhile to get accustomed to boiled peanuts. But once I took a liking to them...I can't pass them up. Roadside stands with the big pot on the burner are the best.

If I keep it up...I might need to go into rehab...

Raechel said...

Boiled peanuts are fantastic!