Saturday, July 11, 2009

Richmond Island - VERY ROLLY

Ahoy its me Matt. Today I woke up and slinked into the v berth. I slept until 9:30. Then I came up and had the last of the garlic bread. Then I chatted with Nana. After we arrived I watched a movie and then had lunch. Then Nana and I played cosmic wimpout and won. After that I watched a movie. Then we had dinner and took the dog ashore. I waded in the surf. Write to you tomorrow.


We are currently at anchor and rolling side to side, about 20 degrees per roll at least, constantly. We are protected from the direct impact of the waves from the island but the rollers are coming around the island and hitting us from the side. The winds are 15 to 20 kts with gusts to 26 kts, it will be a wild night. Hard to type with the boat rocking so much, more tomorrow.

0 comments: