Saturday, July 25, 2009

Holbrook Harbor - We Run Afoul of a Line


Ahoy it's Matt. Today I woke up and played my DS. Then we had porridge for breakfast. Then I played my DS. Then after we had left I came up top. Then the trouble started. We were sailing through a sea of lobster pots and we got a line stuck on the rudder. We sailed on to Billings Cove and anchored .and called a diver to help. I watched a movie wall we waited for it to arrive. He rafted and the driver chatted with us. Then he went in and got it off. We left and I continued to watch movies for the rest of the way. Then we arrived and a windjammer came in and anchored along with the trimaran and four other sail boats that were already here. Write to you tomorrow dinner is on the way in Holbrook Harbor.
We were sailing along through a sea of lobster pots when we picked up a line that jammed into the space between the rudder and the boat hull. We could still steer but not very well, the wheel was very stiff. We decided to anchor in Billings Cove and try to get the line off but was unsuccessful. I finally called a nearby marina and they sent a diver over and he removed the line in about 1 minute. Oh well, we did have a nice sail. It was sunny and warm for a change in contrast to yesterday when it rained all day and most of the night.

We are now snug in Holbrook Harbor and there's nary a ripple, we'll sleep well tonight. Saw a nice sunset for a change.

0 comments: