Monday, May 2, 2022

St James Marina - family and friends day



 
My brother Mike and his wife Connie from Ohio

I had not seen my brother in years but he happened to email me that he was going to be at Oak Island this week visiting in-laws. I happened to be nearby at the marina for the next day - we decided to have a reunion this afternoon on the spur of the moment. It’s strange how things like this work out. His home is in Ohio, mine is in New York and we meet on the ICW. The afternoon consisted of remembering old times and catching up on everything that’s happened in the years past I wonder what the chances were of such a random event. 

I think all 5 year olds loves boats - I gave him a whistle to blow (at 6 am, heh, heh)

We had such a good time with the McKays on Sunday at the Provision Company restaurant, that Ann decided to invite them over for dinner on Fleetwing. It was nothing fancy, just spaghetti and meatballs but it tasted good and was enjoyed by all. Matt, their 5 year old grandson, especially enjoyed the spaghetti, one of his favorite foods. We topped the meal off with cupcakes with ice cream. 

We have a 50 NM mile today on Tuesday so we’ll be leaving around 7:00 am. It’s predicted to be good for traveling so we hope to make good time. We have a dock reserved a Harbor Village for one night before moving on to Homer Smith the next day. 

0 comments: