Wednesday, January 12, 2022

On well, a not-so-good sunset - but I didn't think photos of laundry or a pump-out cut it...
I'll have birds tomorrow!

 Lots of odds and ends to get ready for continuing south. Laundry, of course, but also one more delivery of groceries, this time from Walmart. We signed in to order this morning but the next delivery date wasn't until 7:00 on Thursday. One has to plan ahead more than that to get a decent delivery time. But then there's an option for "Express Delivery" for $10 more which you can get in two hours or less. 

So being the sucker I am, I ordered the express delivery and sure enough, it came within two hours. I could even track the delivery car in real-time with my iPhone. The car must have had the smartphone plugged into their network so I could see the little car icon proceed as it tottled towards Titusville Marina. Such wonders. 

What more could a boater want? Groceries delivered to your door, laundry done, and a pump-out - boater heaven. To top that off, we plan on renting a car Thursday and taking a drive out to Black Point on Merritt Island to see the birds. It's our day off from planning ahead. 

Then it's getting down to the final checklist on Friday for leaving Saturday morning. The weather still looks good, it will feel good to start moving again.

0 comments: