Friday, October 5, 2018

Hampton - at Downtown Hampton Public Piers marina

Sunrise at Fishing Bay Yacht Club
It was a quiet night and a beautiful morning with a great sunrise. Hoolie had his morning outing and pushed off. The entrance (and exit( from Jackson Creek is very narrow so I'm going to publish a GPX route for the passage. If you're off by 20 ft, it can subtract 1 to 2 ft from your depths. The narrow part is from the last turn to the creek. My track in follows the deepest path. I forgot to turn on my track this morning so my track leaving Jackson Creek doesn't show the exit path.

Sailboat rule here
We had 10 to 15 kts winds out of the north which were perfect for making good time to Hampton. We motor sailed the entire way and got in around 1:30. I have a project ahead of me to replace my non-functional Prosine 3.0 with a Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 inverter/charger. Hopefully, it will be a swap since all the wiring is already in place for the Prosine. What could go wrong?

Out for an evening sail
I lost my good discount on Enterprise car rentals. What used to cost me $30/day is not $60/day! To add insult to injury, they do not honor the $12.50/day weekend rate either. Nevertheless, we need transportation to a supermarket to provision and a few other things so we bit the bullet and rented the car.

We expect to be here through Sunday night as we get Fleetwing ready for the next leg of our trip. We have reservations at Coinjock Monday night and will have the famous rib dinner.

1 comments:

Janice Roehr said...

Bob, I think I experienced what you must feel every time you meet someone who has followed your blog and , read/bought your books last night. I publish my blog on the Catalina42/425 FB page regularly. Two people approached me at the Catalina Party at the Sailboat Show and said they follow my blog. We ended up spending a lovely evening together with new friends from Nova Scotia and Annapolis. We will head to Rhode River later today then Solomon’s and follow in your tracks until we catch up to you.