Sunday, February 11, 2018

Key West - Last day for the first crew

Finn is the one on the right
Well I guess this is it. I always hate goodbyes but I guess it’s the only thing I can say to you. Today was a good last day. We went shopping around Duval Street. I got a leather bracelet with a skull on it. But I had to tie it to my wrist. Tonight’s dinner was amazing. I had shrimp with garlic sauce on top so it tasted like cheese shrimp. They combined the best things in the world. I also got a bag of candy at It’s Sugar. I am the only one I know that likes black liquorice. Tomorrow we’re leaving at 7:00 am. I am going to bed early. Well I guess this is goodbye so Good Bye and see you in the summer!       


A view of El Siboney showing about 1/2 of the seating area
Well, the Japanese are tourists (how did they find this place?)
The gang went for one last stroll down Duval Street, window shopping and just enjoying the warm weather. Rowan got his dad to take him on the Key West Conch Tour Train. It wasn't at the top of the list for Rowan's dad but it was number one with Rowan - he likes all things about trains. 

We were treated to a dinner out at El Siboney, a caribbean style restaurant that's a favorite of the locals. You won't see many tourists here except those that know of the place from friends. The food is better than good and there's plenty of it. They don't bother with reservations but there's plenty of room although when we left tonight the place was about 90% full and they have  a lot of tables. Not a tourist in sight (except us).


Typical restaurant on the waterfront, no walls and live entertainment
This one is The Conch Republic Seafood Company
Our crew of the last week will be leaving Monday morning at 7:00 am to take a hotel room in Ft Lauderdale in preparation for a flight early the next day.  But we will have an empty  boat for only two days. Our next batch of escapees from the frozen north arrives Wednesday for a week's stay. 

0 comments: