Sunday, January 8, 2017

Titusville - Hoolie falls overboard!

Hi it’s Finn today was AWESOME we had donuts for breakfast they where AWESOME!!! The dog didn’t have a good day though. He fell in the water when we came back from getting donuts. We had to fish him out of the water. I also had to pump out the dink. At first I was excited but when I felt the water I wanted to get out. That’s all we did today BYE!!!

What is this? It's much too cold for Florida, only 37 this morning! As if that wasn't bad enough, the wind was steady at 25 kts. I then look at my home webcam with a view of the thermometer and saw that the temperature at home was only 4 degrees! That made me feel better but it was still cold. We were going to go to the zoo today but we put it off due to the cold weather. 

Kid Power (but with lots of complaining about the cold water)
Today was donut day as it is every Sunday and Finn was certainly looking forward to that. Finn got up early (for him) and accompanied me to the donut shop. He picked out his supply and home we came. The boat was rocking pretty good from the 25 kt winds and Hoolie must have misjudged his leap. He missed and landed in the water, a drop of about five feet. He did the classic dog paddle looking for the dinghy but it was on the other side of the boat. Eventually he found the dinghy and I stepped in and hauled Hoolie out of the water into the dinghy. Needless to say, he was soaking wet. I pushed him up to the side of Fleetwing and Ann got him aboard. Then it was to the cockpit and a dry beach towel. He seemed none the worse for the experience and the next time I took Hoolie ashore he acted as if nothing had happened, he was the same as always. He's a remarkable dog. 

Finn volunteered to pump out the dinghy which was full of rainwater. What he didn't realize was how cold the water was! He still managed to rid the dinghy of water after much complaining about cold feet. I hauled him out and he retreated to warmer climes down below. 

Typical winter wear for 50 degree weather down here (at this time of the day)
So we had some excitement today and our plans for Monday include a trip to the Brevard County Zoo in somewhat warmer weather with less wind, we hope. 

0 comments: